3 Season Open Air Coop

BirdsBeesTrees

Integrity.
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Mar 10, 2019
Iowa
I asked my husband to make an open-air coop for my 5 Silver Laced Barnevelders who never want to go outside. The door is open but they wouldn't leave the coop!

We had 3 of these premade floors, I don't know what else to call them. My father-in-law was going to use them but never did and said we could have them.
My husband used the floors to put another premade chicken house on, and he made a huge dog/cat shed on another.
He used up some old roofing tin for the roof and put old baler belts on the building part so I wouldn't have to paint it. He repurposed some wood for the roosting bars and the nest box. My chickens are really happy about their new home.

Anyway, it's just really great and I wanted to share.
IMG_2292.JPG

IMG_2296.JPG

IMG_2297.JPG

That's amazing! Lucky birds 💕
Thanks so much! With construction supplies so high I was trying to help my husband to use what we had.
I had to buy around $500 worth of 2x4's and 4 sheets of plywood, screws and hardware. So that's how much it cost. We had a roll of chicken wire left from another project from last year so that at least didn't cost us double...
My pretty birds would never go outside to get fresh air, so this "forces" them to go outside in a way. They seem really happy. :)

Back
Top Bottom