3 sided coop

mu Buff Orp girls lay a pink tinted egg. They're real
big_smile.png
That was the first bakers dozen of eggs we got.

I thought Buff Orps laid brown eggs??? Now I'm super excited to have them laying!! I love all things pink in a houseful of blue!!
fl.gif
that my babies lay me some pretty pink eggs in a few months!!

Quote:
Electric wire is nice (especially if you don't hae small children around) but I would suggest considering it the cherry on top, not something to rely on. All electric fence goes dead *sometimes*, and predators can be quick to figure it out. If "horse fence" means either 2x4 welded wire, or that really expensive diamond-mesh stuff, that will work well as a run fence (tho I'd back up 2x4 mesh with some 1" or 1/2" chickenwire run inside it along the bottom 2-3' of the run if you want to be maximally safe vs. reach-through)... then that should be fine. If you mean anything larger than 2x4 mesh though I wouldn't trust it against chicken predators.

JME, good luck and have fun,

Pat

I agree with pat.

check out my page, we have a 3 sided coop that we attached to our shed. It used to be hog barn.

thank you. We got the roost and nesting boxes in it today and started framing the tracker. I put the roost on one end and the nesting boxes on the other that way they have the entire middle to scratch around.

Back
Top Bottom