1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

3 Silkie hens, free to good home, Florida Panhandle area UPDATE - HOME FOUND

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by sconner, Sep 11, 2013.

1. sconner

sconner Chirping

Mar 2, 2013
    Ocean Springs, MS
    Looking for a great home for 3 spoiled Silkie hens. Great layers, 3 different colors. MUST have either a fenced yard for them to free range in, or free-range on a larger property with an already-established flock of Silkies. I will not give them to a home where they are kept in a small pen with no access to grass - my girls are used to free-ranging in my fenced yard (a small subdivision lot, so nothing huge) so they are used to being able to eat grass and bugs all day and I prefer to have them go to a similar environment. I will drive to deliver them quite a distance if its to a perfect home, including to surrounding states.

1 person likes this.
  2. sonjaohull

sonjaohull In the Brooder

Jan 24, 2013
    Thomasville, Ga
    I'll take them! I live just north of Tally!

3. Mr Gamecock

Mr Gamecock In the Brooder

Aug 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Hey I will take them I am in South Carolina But I live on a 10 acre farm and my girls(9 of em) and rooster free range all day then come in at night in there secure pen.I also feed them a wide range of vegies and pellets and they nab some sweet food from my horse.But if you dont want to make the trip it is fine! JUST FINE THOSE BABIES A GOOD HOME!

4. Mr Gamecock

Mr Gamecock In the Brooder

Aug 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Hey I will take them I am in South Carolina But I live on a 10 acre farm and my girls(9 of em) and rooster free range all day then come in at night in there secure pen.I also feed them a wide range of vegies and pellets and they nab some sweet food from my horse.But if you dont want to make the trip it is fine! JUST FINE THOSE BABIES A GOOD HOME!

5. SilkiesnFrizzle

SilkiesnFrizzle Songster

Sep 23, 2012
    Lakeland, Florida
    Hi! I'm in Lakeland and I have about 15 adult Silkies. I take in Silkie roos from people who can't have boys. All the birds are in coops, and all go out to free range during the day . I'll be glad to send pics. :)

6. madson

madson Hatching

Nov 9, 2013
    qw65 et6

7. Heather1

Heather1 In the Brooder

May 1, 2014
    Did you find a home? I have three silkies and they have a huge coop and huge run and a fenced area to free range. Picture attached. I am in sw ranches, near Weston [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: