3 unsexed rare breeds...but what?

backyardfarmfamily

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 27, 2008
Texas
I got these three at the feed store the other day...they were "rare breeds" but I'm not sure what. Anyone have an ideas? [

see pics below

So that last one looks similar to another one and they said it was an australorp - but could that be considered a rare breed? though it's got the feathers by it's feet and i don't think that is australorp, is it?

Last edited:
Well shoot - now it's just showing the address...This is how I've been doing it - maybe I'm wrong. I am going to the picture on the internet and 'copying image location' then I'm clicking on the 'Img' button and in between the two things I am pasting the address to the images...is that the right way?

Not sure why you can't get them to post..........

I can download them from the source info
tongue.png
Here ya go, hope you don;t mind I posted for you.....

IMG_1484Large.jpg

IMG_1467Large.jpg

IMG_1485Large.jpg

IMG_1476Large.jpg

Thanks! I use a canon 5D.

I actually got them at the feed store. That last one does look like a cochin but cochin's wouldn't be considered a "rare breed" would they? I need to go back to the feed store and get their list of possible "rare" breeds.

The 2nd and 3rd image are of the same chick. That one is really pretty but for some reason I think it's a cockerel. Only time will tell. I asked specifically if this one was an americauna(easter egger) at the feed store and they said no. It's not considered a rare breed. Puzzling, eh?

But isn't that first one pretty? I love light colored chickens.

Back
Top Bottom