3-week old baby chicks abandoned by Mama. Should I bring them inside for the night?

Update:
The two chicks were scared of me yesterday but they let me pet them today. I crouched down and scritched them underneath their wings, which they seem to like better than putting my hand over them. They started cuddling next to my leg and sat under me and started falling asleep. I can't get enough of it. 🥹 The other chickens never let me near them.

So I got the baby chicks a stuffed rooster but it turned out they didn't really need him because they have each other.

But this poor hen has a genetic deficiency and is on the very bottom of the flock. She gets bullied by some of the other very mean hens and have had her feathers pecked off.

She usually hides and today I noticed she seemed sick, hunched over, not eating even treats or drinking, and sleeping when standing.

I thought she was going to pass today but I gave her some drops of water with electrolytes, probiotics and a raw egg mixed in. That got her to eat and drink and walk around so I put her in a separate space with food and water and gave her the rooster. She seems to be doing much better now. I'm going to name him Mr. Rogers!

Oh yeah, I put Mr. Rogers in front of my real rooster and he wanted to fight it! :lol:

Attachments

• PXL_20230803_032217772.jpg
    PXL_20230803_032217772.jpg
    800.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom