3 week old chicken and i dont know the breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by diamond pratt, Jun 1, 2012.

1. diamond pratt

diamond pratt In the Brooder

Jun 1, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]i have one chicken and i need to know the breed of it it is three weeks and i have a pic of it... here are three pics of it

2. draye

draye Crowing

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Cochin..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    either black or blue, cannot tell in the photo.

3. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

I'm going with Black Copper Marans. :)

I don't think it's a cochin because the feathered legs are very unfeathery.. Even my mixed cochins have more leg feathers. BCM seem to have a lot less feathers on their legs.

[​IMG]
    BCM

[​IMG]
    Black Cochin

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  4. diamond pratt

diamond pratt In the Brooder

Jun 1, 2012
    its black and yellow

5. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

Chicks that have yellow will not necessarily have it when they are feathered out.

For example: Black Australorp

[​IMG]
    Chick

[​IMG]
    Adult.

Same applies for these chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: