3 Week old chicken question

Rockergirl

Chirping
Sep 14, 2022
I can't remember if chickens between the age of 3-4 weeks start to fly yet, out of the brooder? I just found out I will have a trip when my new baby chicks turn that age (they aren't hatched yet). I was going to have a neighbor watch them and had thought about just bringing the brooder to their house. But....if they will have to worry about them flying out, then I have to come up with another plan.....trying to think about what kind of chaos I'm creating here.....I know they grow pretty fast, just don't remember how much

They'll definitely fly out. You can use some hardward cloth to serve as a screen on top but depending on how many chicks you have they'll probably be pretty eager to move around and have some space to spread their individual wings so to speak!
It's just 3 chicks, I already have 3 but forgot the growth stages...I do remember moving my previous ones to a bigger space in the garage at some point, but couldn't remember when....but the garage isn't an option if I'm bringing them to someone's house while I'm gone...I know that they will play with them and love on them....but they will still need to be confined while they aren't spending time with them....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom