3 week old mystic onyx gender?

Mar 3, 2023
I know shes really young, but this is my 3 week old mystic onyx. I ordered all pullets but this one is pretty big and thicker than the other chicks. (Shes the only mystic onyx) the conbs pretty bug too. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20230328_143210.jpg
    20230328_143210.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 133
I know shes really young, but this is my 3 week old mystic onyx. I ordered all pullets but this one is pretty big and thicker than the other chicks. (Shes the only mystic onyx) the conbs pretty bug too. Any ideas?
They are supposed to be easily sexed at hatch. Males will be orange. So if she had fully black or dark brown down, pullet. My MOs grew super fast compared to the other breeds I had with them.

They are supposed to be easily sexed at hatch. Males will be orange. So if she had fully black or dark brown down, pullet. My MOs grew super fast compared to the other breeds I had with them.
I hope shes a pullet. She was solid black as a baby. (This pic is 5 days old)

Attachments

• IMG_20230313_134646.jpg
    IMG_20230313_134646.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 79
It is a pullet. Mystic Onyx pullets are black and cockerels are a goldish color. (Picture from Hoover’s).
View attachment 3467365
Ehh...... I don't put much stock into the colors for this one. I was repeatedly assured only black was an option for females. No other colors. Males would be the one to have other colors.
Screenshot_20221222-134127_Chrome.jpg

Thar light brown chick I picked out turned into this, and laid eggs. And she definitely isn't only black

Ehh...... I don't put much stock into the colors for this one. I was repeatedly assured only black was an option for females. No other colors. Males would be the one to have other colors. View attachment 3467425
Thar light brown chick I picked out turned into this, and laid eggs. And she definitely isn't only black
Did you get any cockerels?
I just cant with any more roos...

Back
Top Bottom