3 week old ROUENS looking quite silly! losing feathers and I cant wait for new ones to come in!! LOL

aprildyer9678

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 9, 2013
So, I realize that ducklings lose the cute fuzzy look as they grow and I am just wondering how long it will take for them to look "Pretty" again?
wink.png
I think they look silly with bald spots and I laughed when I read that some people say they are going through their "godly stage"! so, how long til' my babies fill back out and lose this silly look?
When I give them tubby time it looks like a feather pillow exploded all over the bathroom! Also, this is my 1st time with ducks so I guess I am hoping that this is normal? I imagine it is but if any of you who read this post feel as if what I am saying is not part of growing up can you let me know and any suggestions to help out the procedure would be handy!
-Thanks, April

I am not worried anymore! I realize that they are just changing from that fuzzy look to their Big duck stage. I never knew how much that I would love pet ducks:) These 4 are so much fun and so smart. I just find myself in the evenings hanging out with them in their outside pen and watching them swim and play in the brook. I know that so many people are saying that at 4 weeks old they are to young to be outside and in water...but, these 4 are just nuts about it and seam so happy! I put them in at night with their heat lamp still and in the day I shut it off and they play outside all day! The temps are still low only about 50's in the days and below freezing at nights. However it is not bothering them at all. They cant wait to hit that little pool in the brook! BRRR... here is a picture of them playing.

Back
Top Bottom