3 week old silkies pooping straight blood - please help! šŸ˜©

HerbanChickenLover

In the Brooder
Sep 28, 2021
Iā€™m at a complete loss of how this even happened. Iā€™m assuming itā€™s coccidiosis and immediately started treating them yesterday with Corid at the 2tsp/gallon. Their brooder is very clean and dry and they are kept indoors.

It is straight liquid coming out of them which I have never seen before. I have read that in severe cases to give a straight dose of Corid .1 ml per pound. These chicks are all averaging 2.5 oz.

Can I hurt them if I give them too much? Do I just give a couple of drops? I love them all so much and Iā€™m going to be devastated if I lose them. If anyone has any advice or experience please let me know. Also, is there anything else that could cause this?

Thank you, I really appreciate any help!

Can you post photos of the poop, the chicks and brooder?

What are you feeding?
Are you adding anything else to the food or water beside the Corid?

Yes, you can give them a direct dose is undiluted Liquid Corid. For tiny chicks, give them 2-3 drops twice a day. This is in addition to them drinking the Mixed Corid water throughout the day.

It may be a good idea to get a Sulfa drug or Totrazuril to have on hand as well.

https://allbirdproducts.com/products/endocox-powder
https://allbirdproducts.com/products/trimethoprim-sulfa-powder-generic

Thank you for response.They have been eating a non medicated organics crumble. I did a couple drops to each chick that night in addition to the water and thankfully all of them seem to be doing well now. I also ordered what you recommended just to have on hand.

Thank you for response.They have been eating a non medicated organics crumble. I did a couple drops to each chick that night in addition to the water and thankfully all of them seem to be doing well now. I also ordered what you recommended just to have on hand.
Glad to hear they are doing well.
Thank you for the update!

Back
Top Bottom