3 week old Wyandottes - pullets or roos?

SpeckledPullet

Songster
9 Years
10 Years
Jan 24, 2010
Northeast Florida
I have 4 BLRW chicks and 2 SLW chicks. I think both of my SLW chicks are roos. Both have somewhat thick legs and combs already growing. However, one has much faster feather growth.

As for the BLRW chicks, one I KNOW is a roo and that one is numbered 1. He acts like a roo, has somewhat thick legs, and his comb is already starting to turn red. Two others I am almost sure are pullets and one I am on the fence about. Number 3 is the one I am on the fence about. It acts more laid back, but has thicker legs. However, the comb growth and color is the same as the two I think are pullets. Any ideas on that one? Also, feather growth on 1 and 3 are MUCH faster than the feather growth of 2 and 4, the two I think are pullets.

What do you all think?

47689_3weekblrw1and3.jpg

47689_3weekblrw1and4.jpg

47689_3weekblrw1b.jpg

47689_3weekblrw2a.jpg

47689_3weekblrw4a.jpg

47689_3weekblrws.jpg

47689_3weekblrwsslw.jpg

47689_3weekblue.jpg

47689_3weekslw1a.jpg

47689_3weekslw1b.jpg

47689_3weekslws.jpg

Looks like to me your #1 chicks in both are roosters.
#4 cant see that good if it has wattles starting its a rooster.
#2 sl cant see good but looks like a pullet.
the rest are pullets.

BLR # 1 is a roo, the rest look like pullets. The SLWs are still a little tricky, as both have the same body type and comb from what the photo says. Either they're both pullets, or. . .

Thanks everyone! I am glad to see that most of you all are only seeing 3 roos. I am still iffy on BLRW 3, but so far the comb is saying pullet even though the legs are a bit thicker. However, she is the largest of the 3 pullets, so maybe that is why the legs are somewhat thicker?

Back
Top Bottom