3 weeks, ready for coop?

shannon0716

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 15, 2014
My chicks are almost 4 weeks, almost fully feathered except for their heads. They have outgrown the biggest brooder and need to head to the coop. It is draft free, all closed in, and about 10 degrees warmer then outdoor temps right now. Highs right now are 65-85, lows 40-60 depending on the day.

Can I safely move these babes out without a heat lamp. We have no way to provide heat in the coop otherwise. I know I"ll get a variety of answers. They are buff Orpington's. Looking for some insight!

Last edited:
My chicks are almost 4 weeks, almost fully feathered except for their heads. They have outgrown the biggest brooder and need to head to the coop. It is draft free, all closed in, and about 10 degrees warmer then outdoor temps right now. Highs right now are 65-85, lows 40-60 depending on the day.

Can I safely move these babes out without a heat lamp. We have no way to provide heat in the coop otherwise. I know I"ll get a variety of answers. They are buff Orpington's. Looking for some insight!
They should be fine. Are their breasts completely feathered? If so, then no problem.
Best Regards,
Karen

Back
Top Bottom