4 week olds outside?

Ilovemychicks08

For nothing will be impossible with God-Luke 1:37
Premium Feather Member
Apr 2, 2021
Wisconsin
I have 2 bantam cochins, 2 standards and a Spitzhauben in my second integration coop right now. Ive had a heat plate in there since they were moved.
During the day its 75 to 80 degree yesterday it reached almost 90.
But at night its gonna get to a low of 50. Not any colder.

Everyone except the buff cochin is almost fully feathered.

Should i still add suplemental heating at night?

I have 2 two week old bantams that i needed the heat plate for. And since its 75 i know they are ok right now.

Thanks

I'm big outdoor brooding advocate but because you said bantam, I personally would give it 1 or 2 more weeks with heat at night. Just to be on the safe side. If you had said all standard, I'd say go for it.... And again *50 is very likely just fine for the bantams at night but IDK, I tend to keep heat on bantams for longer than standards, to 6 weeks. Just me....

I'm big outdoor brooding advocate but because you said bantam, I personally would give it 1 or 2 more weeks with heat at night. Just to be on the safe side. If you had said all standard, I'd say go for it.... And again *50 is very likely just fine for the bantams at night but IDK, I tend to keep heat on bantams for longer than standards, to 6 weeks. Just me....
Its actually my buff standard im worried about it doesnt have all its feathers yet. All the others have all their wing, back, chest and neck feathers are coming in.

I added a box with lots of bedding and i will probably add in heat again.

Back
Top Bottom