3 weeks

jim001

Chirping
12 Years
May 21, 2008
What should I look for when trying to figure sex.
[/IMG]

Booth looked like to they were displaying today

Last edited:
Both males and females will display. Even peachicks that are females will display. I had some white peachicks and assumed that two were males because the two of them were always chasing each other around and displaying at each other. It turned out that only one was a male so you can't sex them based on displaying.

It looks like both of them are pied peahens. They have beautiful markings by the way.
smile.png
When sexing most peachicks you look at their wings to know if they are male or female. Male peachicks will have lots of barring on their wing feathers. Female peachicks will start to lose their wing barring and get solid brown wings. Both of yours look like they are getting solid brown wings, so I am going to say that they are both females. This picture shows a young male peacock. You can see all of the barring he has on his wings and how some of his wing feathers are turning an orange/rust color.

Thanks for the info. Now I have something to look for. The breeder said the pen have IB pied and black shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom