3 Welsummer pullets (2 week old) SF Bay area/Fremont Local pickup only

DeborahSfbay

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 28, 2014
Union City California
I ordered Welsummer pullets and ordered extras for warmth so I'm looking to re-home 3. I'm selling them at cost which is 6 dollars each (including Mareks vaccine). I live in Union City (just North of Fremont) a few blocks off 880. Local pick up only

Deborah

510 207 7581

Here's the link to the website that shows what the baby chicks will look like when they become hens.
http://www.valleyhatchery.com/store/p33/(5)_Welsummer_Chicks.html

Here's some information about the breed
The Welsumer or Welsummer is a Dutch breed of domestic chicken. It originates in the small village of Welsum, in the eastern Netherlands. It was bred at the beginning of the 20th century from local fowls of mixed origin: Rhode Island Reds, Barnevelders, Partridge Leghorns, Legbars, Cochins, and Wyandottes. In 1922-23 steps were taken to fix a standard after the birds began to show a good deal of uniformity. The eggs were originally exported for the commercial egg trade where they were an instant hit. Soon after stock was imported into England. The breed was added to the British Standard in 1930.
It is a light, friendly, and intelligent breed, with rustic-red and orange colour. Representations of cockerels in the media are often based upon the "classic" Welsummer look. The most common example of this would be the Kelloggs Cornflakes rooster. There are three variations of the standard Welsumer, these are the Partridge, Silver Duckwing and the Gold Duckwing. They lay large dark brown eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom