3 year old Red Cross with green pasty bottom, odd stance

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cpcgarden, May 27, 2010.

1. cpcgarden

cpcgarden New Egg

Sep 12, 2009
    I lost one of my 3 yr old Red Cross a week ago that had no visible signs of distress (other than it was clearly the smallest chicken that did get picked on and seemed a little thin). Today one of my girls has a green pasty bottom, which I tried to wash with warm soapy water, and seems to stand funny with legs spread apart. Her comb appears to be not as bright and is smaller than the remaining 4 healthy birds. They are usually kept in an enclosed run but I let them roam in a larger fenced in area on the weekends when I am working in the garden nearby so possibly she ate something??? Any thoughts or suggestions? I have six new 5 week old chicks which are in their own adjacent, enclosed area in the coop. Just moved them in the coop 5 days ago and they seem to be fine and healthy but certainly don't want anything spreading.

2. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    Seperate her asap.she sounds sick, not sure if she ate something or caught something. iwould give her some electrolytes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by