32 eggs in the bator....Day 1 Here we go again

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lockedhearts, Oct 10, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I set 14 BR eggs from Speckeldhen and 14 Blue Rock eggs from Halo and 4 Phoenix eggs from my ever faithful Leto.
    I am totally doing lower humidity (25-30%) during incubation and 45-55 at hatching.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a great hatch.

2. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    [​IMG] Good Luck & Keep us posted! Wish I could hatch some more but I don't know what I'd do with them all. I got it bad!!

3. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Quote:I just set my first eggs last night. Can I ask you why you are lowering the humidity? I'm trying to figure out the whole dry incubation thing and whether or not I should be doing it...My humidity is at 45%

And, good luck on a great hatch.

4. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I was keeping my humidity about 45 for incubation and was having a lot of fully developed chicks that never hatched. I was also hatching between 55-65. I read a lot of posts about issues and lowering humidity and tried it. Granted my 100% hatch was only 3 eggs of my own, but I do believe that the lower humidity played a fator. My chicks also seemed to have an easier time getting our of the shell.

5. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    mines at 39 right now, haven't put the eggs in yet, but maybe I should lower the humidity a tad more?

Good luck with the hatching. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I think that is fine. I just wouldn't go much higher. Mine stays around 32 naturally.

7. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    My Blue Rock babies from halo hatched last weekend and they're adorable!! You'll love them!

I just crammed my bator with 39 chicken eggs and 29 quail eggs. And I do mean crammed!

8. CK Chickadilly

CK Chickadilly Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:Is that w/out water? it stays at 32?

Kelly HM....boy! That is a LOT of eggs! Good luck to everyone!

9. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    I've got speckledhens BRs, two from MissSkye, and three araucana eggs - pretty blue - and six turkey eggs on day three. OMG isn't it over yet? Can I hold my breath for two weeks straight?

I want blue rock eggs! LOL But if I hatch Blue orp eggs I'll dance for happiness.

Here's to luck for all of us... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:

10. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Is that w/out water? it stays at 32?

Kelly HM....boy! That is a LOT of eggs! Good luck to everyone!

It has about 1/4 cup in it, I think my house is naturally a little more humid.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by