32 eggs in the bator....Day 1 Here we go again

It will naturally lower if you just let it ride. As long as your hygrometer is accurate, that's fine, but the best range is probably 35-45%, IMO. Really, though, in the end, temperature is much more critical than exact humidity. Humidity can really vary as long as it doesnt get too high over a long period.

One thing to remember about hatching and humidity is where you live! Lockedhearts posted that her house is naturally around 32 and yet in a drier climate you might only see 8, so take that into consideration when calibrating your incubators. The best incubator is a HEN!
big_smile.png

Good luck to everyone hatching, we just had 2 hens hatch 13 chicks.

Maybe next year mine will go broody....
I would love to see "Leto", my Phoenix hen hatch out some houdans or cochins, that would be a trip.
I am hoping both Phoenix hens will hatch their own next year.
If some of mine don't get with the broody program I may be forced to get a couple "evil" silkies to do the job.

Give that girl a Treat! I got 2 more from Leto and of course they went in the bator..... Don is out there building coop frames now, it will be next weekend before we have them up and the runs done, trying to get 5 more done before winter so I can shuffle everyone.

Back
Top Bottom