:)

Leslie In North Pole

Songster
12 Years
Mar 7, 2007
North Pole, AK
For $15 I will ship you 6 Muscovy eggs, priority shipping included. My scovies are all running together so the ducklings can end up black and white, chocolate and white, or all white. I am getting six or more eggs a day and will included extras. I can ship Monday, Friday, and Saturday for quickest delivery.

To be honest, I wasn't expecting them to start laying so early (they started laying mid-Feb, at -40 below) These eggs are from first year layers and most of their pullets eggs did show to be fertile when incubated. As my bators are full of chicken, goose, and turkey eggs at the moment, I would love if someone else could hatch them out.

Edited to add pictures I took today of them exploring my driveway.

e8d257649bc8366f1285f66f984de0db99ffdc8.JPG

e612577486ce360d11c5a8cb8bdabeb9abf301b.JPG

b8c355514113c7656d72172250db546d5c936a2.JPG

I have 10 birds total and they come from four different blood lines, with the white male not being related to the three white females. You do have to be careful though, as they find it funny to roost on everything, including my husband's pickup truck and the roof.
smile.png
I am resisting setting anymore eggs from them as a 35 day incubation period happens to fall to the day with my estimated due date, so for the next three weeks, I need to rehome these eggs.

Last edited:
Aack!! SamG347, I tried numerous times to reply to your questions on the other board and I am hitting some kind of horrible glich so I will post my response here for you to read.

You asked: "Hey NP! I was just wondering what color ducklings do you usually hatch from thses eggs? And do scovys lay pretty well?"

Hello, Sam,

I am about to find out on the 8th of April. These girls have been laying for about a month now, they started at -40... when I was betting on who would start laying, I had these girls pegged as not until end of April because Muscovies are a "tropical" duck. As to laying, they have been laying very steadily, I am up to 7 eggs out of 8 hens now. I know they have a very strong maternal drive and in warmer climates can raise up to three separate broods a year. They have proven to be very docile, very quiet, and very adventurous. The females are definitely capable of flight, they won't go anywhere but it isn't unusually to find them on the roof, perched on the fence, and generally exploring. They are extremely good at foraging.

The ducklings will most likely be chocolate and white, black and white, or all white though there is the possibility of other colors being thrown. My received my stock from four different sources, which makes it difficult to predict what the colors will be. My white females I found locally last fall and my white male is from Florida, so my gene pool is pretty wide.

Back
Top Bottom