3am Chicken Mission Impossible.... The Rest of The Story

nightshade

Songster
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Jonestown Pa , Columbia County
Sorry it took me so long to get this to you guys
smile.png
Been gardening all weekend and this is the first I have been on since the late night Mission. So here is how it went.

I recruted my mom to help out since hubby had to be up at 5am for work. We had headed for my grams about 3 am. On the way up I told her I had this feeling that something was going to go wrong. My guess was that my gram, the night person she is was going to be up yet. (Insominia is a common thing on my side of the family) And sure enough when we got there at 3:30 every darn light in the house was still on. So we impervised and proceeded to drive cicles around town waiting for her lights to go out.

After 20 mins and about 15 laps around the little town, I mean tiny town. I made the comment that it wouldn't be long until some one called the car in as suspious and we got pulled over. And I don't care what you tell the officer. But two women at 4 in the morning with a rooster in a crate in the back of the car was going to get us sent to the local hospital. Cause no matter what you say, if you pass the breathealizer and the feild test they are still gonna hall you down there for blood work. There is no way anyone is going to believe you, that it's just a simply birthday prank.

Luckly this did not happen and about quater after 4 my grams lights finally went out. We parked out front, rushed to get the huge crate (3x4) and 10lb roo out of the car with out making a hell of alot of noise, and onto the front porch right infront of the door. Mom watched in my gram's door(which is glass) To see if anyone came down the steps as I put food and water in for him for the next day as well as the birthday card near by. And we got the hell out of there.

Next morning, all goes great.

Gram loves it, laughs so hard she crys.Close neighbors find it hallerous and don't mind even being woke up at 5 am for this. One even says they want to get one for them selves cause it is a hell of alot better to waking up to the radio alarm clock stactic every morning. By 11am there is a problem.

He is so use to people that every car that drives past the house sets him off crowing like an alarm. He wants them to stop and pay attention to him and give him treats if they have some. Cause ya know he is suspose to have goodies by this time of day. And a house litterly almost 4 blocks away complains and calls the cops to have who ever has the rooster in town arrested. Cause ya know there is an ordence in town about farm animals and thats why we live in town so we don't have to deal with such annoying things as a rooster. And this is rediculous! Some needs arrested or atleast fined for this! :mad: ..........Give me a break
hmm.png

(Including a 78 year old woman on her birthday. And mind you my gram has lived in that house over 40 years. The people down the street complaining and been in there house less the 4 years.)

This was the only time all day or since then that my gram was upset that she woke up to a roo on her birthday. She was so scared that she cried until I got there.

Luckly they didn't know where the roo was. Gram and my uncle got wind from a neighbor that the cops have been called and are driving around town looking for the "suspect rooster" So the neighbor helped my uncle hide the roo out back between the houses. Were he can't see the traffic and shuts up. So now no one has any idea where it is or was. This only is further hallerous cause the people that do know, 5 or 6 houses worth, refuse to tell the cops where the rooster is or was.

IT becomes a neighborhood joke that with all the break ins and drug problems our tiny little town has had lately ( small enough our graduating class this year from the high school will be around 65 kids,) The cops have all the time in the world to drive around town and looking for a "mence" rooster.

So Mom and I go up load the evidence in the back of the car about noon and get it out of there. No evidence, no proof, you can't do anything about it. It was all a figment of you imagation.
tongue.png

And then my four year old son refuses to come home at the time and stays with his great grammy so he can defend her. He proclaims that if someone shows up to get her in trouble about the present he brought her. Then he is going to tell them they are mean and it's his grammy's birthday, that they need to leave her alone. My gram about died at this, a little guy that loves her dearly and was willing to tell anyone to shove off over it, lol. It made us all laugh so hard we cried and she is still telling everyone she see about it yet.

The entire neighborhood around my gram all agreeed that a crate on a front porch with livestock or other "not allowed in town" animals and a giant bow on top. Does not say call the cops it's says you've been had.
big_smile.png

And that we should either toss a roo out in the yard of that ticked off house hold in the middle of the night or stuff a skunk in their mail box. I personally like the later. But I think the best idea came from an 80 year old Swidish immigrant woman down the street. Who proclaimed that every one in the neighborhood should get a roo and then if they want to complain and have someone arrested they can arrest the whole neighborhood.
smile.png

Hope you all got a laugh out of this as we all did. That is the happiest I have seen my gram in a while. She is still telling everyone she sees about her Birthday surprise. Making the little drama and game of hide a rooster well worth it all.

*grin* what a great story. I'm glad we now have the rest of the tale! It was worth the wait.
big_smile.png

Absolutely! Thank you so much for the mission report!!
D.gif

Barring the grumpy neighbor,it sounds like it was a success!
Happy belated B-day to gram, and hugs to the little 4 yr old for wanting to defend her!
hugs.gif

perhaps if a few neighbors put ceramic roosters out on their lawns that would be suffice to say....what ??? you heard a rooster???
wink.png
Great story, B.J. and now you have your own fan club.
wee.gif
Tell your grams Happy Birthday from our forum and give the four year old a hug from another grams.
hugs.gif

That's great i'm glad it turned out as a great surprize. I think a 0400 hrs turn something loose in their house is in order, Humm maybe a coon. make sure you feed it alot so there's a lot of poo lol

clap.gif
That was great! I did laugh out loud several times! So glad the surprise went good. The real story was even better than the one I made up for you!
Thanks for coming back and filling us in.

PS - We had a blast with your thread while you were gone!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom