3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
This thread is going to ROCK and ROLL for the next 4 weeks!

pop.gif
I can't wait.
wee.gif

I decided what went wrong with my Spot Check. On the Brinsea site it said it is sensitive to temperature extremes. Guess I shouldn't have stored it in the shed where it hit at least 120 degrees inside the shed this past summer.

Ya live an' learn!

and we'll all be setting in 36 hours or less.

lol.png
LOL i just looked up a fart egg thread to get a visual and it was a great laugh. i've never had one of those and am completely amazed at their existence.
i put my eggs in last week so wont be participating in the NYD hatch, does that disqualify me for the contests as well? this is a very fun thread.

Is it fun because I take all of the good-natured insults in stride?

Nah, you are correct, it is a ball.

Thank the Lord we have Laree and SCG to keep us on track!

well that too
wink.png
but i like how its very friendly, so many people know each other, or i assume know each other because of the comfortable banter. your map looks fun and the contests look fun. the whole idea about a super hatch on new years was what got me to pull my incubator out of storage. it figures i couldnt have it sit out without getting eggs in it. its my first hatch, i'm impatient...

So where in the Valley of the Sun are you located? It's a big place you know.

I'm near 36th Street & Indian School Road.

I've been all over the east valley this week. Pick up chicks and deliver eggs to Laree in N. Phoenix.
Pick up pullets from arorarose near Apache Junction and then deliver eggs to Meg in Gilbert.

Tomorrow it's hit the feed stores to buy supplies.

Last edited:
central mesa is a pretty good estimate. near the 60. it seems like mesa goes on forever but phoenix i know is much bigger.
i met alohachicks last weekend - she's the whole reason my bator is full right now, lol

Last edited:
Ok I have a serious issue. I set 81 eggs last year and had one hatch and then die. I have 10! 10???

I'm trying to stretch out on the couch and watch a movie and all I can think is, 2 of those probably won't hatch since I've been holding so long. To late to even try to win or order any. Didn't do too get with the TJ egg, but did get 3 to develop and 2 to hatch (out of 4 dozen!), so where at almost 11 pm am I gonna score some eggs?

What normal person thinks this way. I have no idea what I'm even watching, what it's about or anything. No, I've been dreaming eggs! Do I look for intervention? nope

I come in here to see what's close and cheap in the auction section. Luckily there's nothing there. Too broke to buy eggs this year.

hmmm I wonder what's on eBay?

Quote:
LIKE!
Quote:
Our post office has a package pickup window even when the counter is closed. It's open really early on weekdays and for a couple hours on Saturday.

Otherwise, like SCG said, it happens, you won't be the only one setting eggs Monday afternoon
hugs.gif

Quote:
And the stress begins...
tongue.png

F R I G G I N incubator anyways...

Just ordered a new spot check.

Um, who was the care coordinator for Mahonri this time?
wink.png

Quote:
Bwahahaha! I have battled the impenetrable tape and won! You can do it!
I was having a dream about hatching a fart egg early this morning, funny that you should get one. Keep me posted on that one.

Quote:
See, that's what I'm sayin

Back
Top Bottom