1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LarryPQ, Oct 27, 2011.

1. GrannysRoost

GrannysRoost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Quote:I am not so fond of them, but could do....[​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:If anybody is interested in Total Surprise "Designer Breed" Eggs, sure! And the term "designer" is merely a nicer way of saying "mutt." Could be bantam cross breeds, or large fowl cross breeds, or bantam and large fowl cross breeds....

I could do that!! Otherwise it may be Trader Joe's.

but please, please, please, no turken crosses! [​IMG] shudder.

Ohh, and we're fairly close, I suspect! No turkens in my flock. I share the shudder!

3. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    I lurve the turken. Looks like my dear, redneck hubby.

Just sayin.

4. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    The only time i want to see skin on a chicken is just before I shove it in the oven. The more feathers, the merrier otherwise. Mark me down for a vote on creepy.:p

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  5. GrannysRoost

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Quote:I want a like button on here [​IMG]

6. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Are you silly people at it already?! How come no one sent me the memo?

I'm in. I'll break out the other 7 incubators and crack a can o' whoopdidoo out on you all!

Actually, since almost no one is laying right now, I'll be lucky to have more than 1 incubator full, but we'll see.

My Choc Orp roo will be here by then and I'll be doing all sorts of experiments!!

I'll offer a contest for week 2: I'll post the rules and submission requirements a bit later, but it's the same as last year. Prize to be determined.

7. GrannysRoost

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande
    Quote:So spill girl, I wasn't here last year as I am sure others weren't, and don't want to be doing that searching thing...but choc orp...is that like cookies? [​IMG]

8. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm in on the egg swap! Could be fun...

Don't mind turkens either, think they're creepy in a cool sort of way.

I've got mostly banties but also have a gosh-awful specimen of a silkie roo as well as a JG mutt roo out with the girls, so no idea what you could get!! But they are feathered! I have a friend that has fertile eggs, bet I could swap ya'll some of her full size chicken mutt eggs.

Oh yeah, just paid for 18 CJ silkie eggs for the hatch. [​IMG] [​IMG] so put me down for that.

9. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:So spill girl, I wasn't here last year as I am sure others weren't, and don't want to be doing that searching thing...but choc orp...is that like cookies? [​IMG]

Hahaha! I run a Flapper Contest. You get a good shot of any poultry flapping its wings and send it to me during the contest and we start a big poll and let all of BYC vote for their favorite. I have given away eggs, but will likely offer something else as well, this year.

I'm getting a Chocolate Orpington from Heirloom Orpingtons. I'm sooooo excited! Projects, here I come! As if I need more projects...sheesh.

eta: btw- working on a Red Pyle Ameraucana. it.is.sweet.to.see!!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  10. GrannysRoost

May 4, 2011
    Casa Grande

Hahaha! I run a Flapper Contest. You get a good shot of any poultry flapping its wings and send it to me during the contest and we start a big poll and let all of BYC vote for their favorite. I have given away eggs, but will likely offer something else as well, this year.

I'm getting a Chocolate Orpington from Heirloom Orpingtons. I'm sooooo excited! Projects, here I come! As if I need more projects...sheesh.

I have 3 creepy, skitty little RIR/Dominique flapper roos at 3-weeks old you can have and take shots at [​IMG] .....shhhhhh want choc orps, oreos, fudge......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by