3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
I would love to try emu eggs. Good luck, Sheriff, that has to take a lot of patience. I have an emu that was given to me along with 2 llamas and a 1/2 zebra. Strange mix but they've been together all their lives. I contacted someone in No CA with emu eggs for sale but didn't get a response. Cool birds. JJ intimidated me at first but we have come to an agreement and I really like him.

80048_612.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah, and I have my 1 paint silkie out, 5 more pipped. Nothing from my Marans but being bigger, maybe they need the full 21 days.

I have progress in 2 of my 6 shipped BLRW's that got lost in the Xmas postal mess for several days. I guess a pair will be better than nothing.

We had an Emu once we really like it. It reminder us of Jurassic
Park the way it ran thru the trees.

I have several pips and a zip and lots of peeping.

3 of my swap eggs are pipng I think a NN, RIR and anoter I can't read.

1 Serama zipped and another pipped.

2 of my brown egg laying mutts pipped.

1 shipped OE pipped.

Yeah!! FINALLY!!

caf.gif

This is whay I will be doing until tomorrow afternoon. I set mine on the 12th (early) so they better get to hatching tomorrow.

FOr now I'm off to Theisens to buy baby chick feed and feed for all the other free loaders I have outside. The ducks got their pool refilled one more time this morning since it is supposed to be near 60 today. Amazing weather for Iowa.

Anyone else have Muscovies that hate being dirty? Mine will plop themselves into ANYTHING that has water - even if they can only get one leg in.

Quote:
I HAD muscovies.....but like SCG has found......so messy in my barn/coop, and no good way to separate them, that I rehomed them to a local guy who only had ducks. They hated being dirty and would take a bath anytime I filled their tub. Here is a pic from Christmas day 2010, big difference in temps and precipitation this year!!

44049_122510_chickens_001.jpg

Excitedly I went to the bator this morning hoping to see a chick.... Nothing. That egg is pretty much the same pip-wise as last night. (Probably saving its strength for an uberzip).

The good news is I've now got *7* pips (and one's a Marans)
clap.gif

Somebody is vocal in there.... A bit o' peep and whistling.

Guess I know how my Saturday will be...
pop.gif

(Edited for pip count....need coffee and glasses)

Last edited:
Quote:
That's a beautiful rooster, but, your coop is too clean, you're disqualified....
lau.gif

sorry... a bit punchy here... lack of sleep...
wink.png

Quote:
You sure it's just lack of sleep......and not the "cool aid" making you "punchy"!!!
gig.gif

gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom