3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Okay, I know this is totally off-topic, but your photo reminded me of an incident many years ago.

My son was bathing his chickens for fair and setting them up into drying cages. His best roo escaped and took off running. There was no way to catch him, so he was going to have to just scratch the entry since he had no substitute. This bird was just going to be awol until he decided to come back into a pen.

The next morning, I got up to get ready to head for coop-in. I glanced out my window and there was that dang rooster on the deck outside my bedroom. I flung open my door and ran out on the deck stark nekkid (thank goodness for living in the country and having no neighbors. I ran around the deck in the partial crouch position with my arms extended until I was able to herd the roo back into the house and into my bedroom.
wee.gif
Once I had slammed the door, then I just needed to catch him in my room.

It's been many years ago, but if I remember correctly, the bird did well enough to make it all worthwhile.

Somehow I never found it odd to herd chickens in my birthday suit,
idunno.gif

Deb

Quote:

Okay, I know this is totally off-topic, but your photo reminded me of an incident many years ago.

My son was bathing his chickens for fair and setting them up into drying cages. His best roo escaped and took off running. There was no way to catch him, so he was going to have to just scratch the entry since he had no substitute. This bird was just going to be awol until he decided to come back into a pen.

The next morning, I got up to get ready to head for coop-in. I glanced out my window and there was that dang rooster on the deck outside my bedroom. I flung open my door and ran out on the deck stark nekkid (thank goodness for living in the country and having no neighbors. I ran around the deck in the partial crouch position with my arms extended until I was able to herd the roo back into the house and into my bedroom.
wee.gif

It's been many years ago, but if I remember correctly, the bird did well enough to make it all worthwhile.

idunno.gif

Deb

lau.gif

Can you hatch duck eggs with chicken eggs in the same incubator? I've never hatched duck eggs but I know they require different humidity. I miss my darned stupid ducks already. They were a giant pain in the butt hauling water wise, but so so cute.

Quote:

wee.gif

idunno.gif

Deb

Oh my word!
lau.gif

Quote:

wee.gif

idunno.gif

Deb

yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
I incubate in the same bator. But hatch in different ones to give the duck eggs a higher humidity.

If one was a bad hatchaholic and only had one incubator would it be okay to hatch in the same one? You guys can pull my hatchaholic card now.

Quote:
I incubate in the same bator. But hatch in different ones to give the duck eggs a higher humidity.

If one was a bad hatchaholic and only had one incubator would it be okay to hatch in the same one? You guys can pull my hatchaholic card now.

I once hatched duck, chicken, quail, and goose eggs all at once in the same incubator and had no problems.

I usually mist the duck eggs twice daily to give them the extra humidity boost. No worries since I've done it and i'm a hatchaholic too.
wink.png

Thanks I might try it. Maybe I'll be able to get duck eggs tomorrow and they'll be finishing up their hatch right before the chicken eggs would go in for this hatch. I've decided to go ahead and hatch some chickens. I've created a veritable cats cradle of Stren fishing line across the top of my chicken run. Everyone was out today and although I watched and guarded for a good portion of the day, there were no real attacks (sans a curious housecat) and everyone is thankfully alive. Even with an n of 1 I still feel better about the whole thing.

I was a hot mess earlier this week if you couldn't tell.

Back
Top Bottom