3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Well if you change your mind, we're not setting for another few weeks. Plus it's only a few weeks of chicks in the house
wink.png
Mine get thrown out into the coop regardless of temperature at 5 to 6 weeks (as soon as they're ready). Sorry about your losses, too.

Quote:
Well if you change your mind, we're not setting for another few weeks. Plus it's only a few weeks of chicks in the house
wink.png
Mine get thrown out into the coop regardless of temperature at 5 to 6 weeks (as soon as they're ready). Sorry about your losses, too.

Enabler
lol.png

I have almost NO eggs from all of my birds...it's rather sad, really, but I'll certainly have some by the time we get around to this...perhaps I'll buy some. I do have some Cayuga eggs coming that should arrive a bit early, but that will still be something to report.

I built another new coop yesterday. My Chicken Village is ginormous now. I'm going to have to park my truck on the top of the hill so I can stand on it to get an overhead shot- it's fabulous!

I really need more projects, more chicks, right?

RIGHT!?!?!?

Quote:
mbrobbins has some pretty Silkies and has auctions here regularly. I have some in the incubator now. I have hatched silkies & seramas from her before. Had great hatches.
wink.png

i have actually hatched twice from her the first time i got 24 the second 12 but 2 had bad legs i am going to buy more from her in the spring if she has any more i can get betwen now and the time we put in the incubator i will be getting more from her one of my silkies that are 14 weeks old yesterday that i hatched from her just crowed a little while ago. she does have beautiful chickens that hatch out of her eggs and i love to see them hatch.

I got four out six egg from my Wheaten Ams yesterday and none of them are fertile. Hope the new youngin' roos start doing their thing SOON!

Everybody here has been crowing up a storm and courting the hens like crazy, but only one lady is laying. Even before I hung the lights.

If you are having troubles with slacker hens, why not hang some lights? Remember, they need at least 14 hours of light daily in order to lay or breed. That's why they stop laying for the winter.

Quote:
I need to hang so more lights. I use solar tube lights because I don't have power. The lights aren't terribly powerful, but they do give them something to look at for a couple of hours after dark.

Super fun weekend at the show. My daughter showed for the first time and did really well with the birds she picked to bring. One of them she hand raised herself and she won Reserve Jr AOCCL!
38307_img_1478.jpg

We also won Best Light Duck and Reserve Light Duck!
38307_img_1476.jpg

It was a double show, so all of the birds were judged twice. We came home with 3 BB, 9 BV, 5 RB, 4 RV, 2 Reserve Light Duck, 1 Best Light Duck, and 1 Reserve Jr AOCCL. I am really surprised, but happy.
big_smile.png

38307_img_1459.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom