Quote:
Do they have to be chicken pics?
quail014.jpg

Quote:
Do they have to be chicken pics?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/rouenduck/quail014.jpg

These are the rules (SCG posts them every morning):

Kathyinmo's Calendar Photo Contest
Best calendar quality HOLIDAY photo. Judges will be BYC folks who are not in the NYD hatch. No names will be submitted with the photos; just numbers.
Rules are:
1. Photo must contain poultry; either adult or chicks. (Prefer photos without humans.)
2. Photo must be your own, not from someone or somewhere else.
3. Photo must be holiday related..... ANY holiday.... Christmas, Mother's Day, Halloween, Easter, Valentines Day, etc....
4. Please note which month your calendar quality photo should be published on.
5. Limit 3 entries per person; though each must be for a different holiday.
6. PM Kathyinmo with your entry "HOLIDAY calendar contest," in the subject line, as well as post it on this thread.
7. Open NOW through 3 January 2012, 11:59:59 EST.
See entries here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=31282-holiday-calendar-contest
Prize: $20 BYC store gift certificate

I had a busy weekend and did not get my eggs set on Sunday. Matter of fact, I experienced a minor panic attack when I realized the power outlets on the side of the room where I have the incubator table had TWO-prong outlets! I could only put one incubator on it, with a cord for the auto turner and the incubator. NOT SUFFICIENT!

All my power strips are grounded and will not fit in the older outlets. AUUUGGHH!!

Finally, I was home, called in sick, today and located an outdoors extension cord, also with three prongs, but I can plug the power strip into IT, and wind the orange power cable into the bathroom and plug it in there.

Three Octagon20 Advance EX incubators are now coming up to temp and down to humidity. (Damp tray inside.) I have 77 eggs to set. I'll either set them at midnight, or just before I leave for work tomorrow.

So, I won't be in sync with everybody and any chicks I hatch will arrive well after the first. I'm still gonna participate in the jollity, but should I add my stats to the spreadsheet or not?

I did a quick candle on the 13 eggs I have in the hovabator when I had to add water last night. Not touching the 32 in the brinsea until saturday, but the ones in the hovabator that I can see though are developing, even the really porous EE egg I threw in at the last minute (she is just about to molt so her eggs are kinda 'eh' at the moment - but she makes gorgeous babies)..
smile.png
Yay for chicks!

Back
Top Bottom