3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
x2 - I don't even worry about humidity with it anymore. Every day I add about 40 ml of water, give or take and shut the lid. I haven't checked the temp in a few days, either.

(and yes, I just went to check it now, humming along nicely at 99.8)

hide.gif

Candled again tonight. Pulled 11 more. 5 from my own test eggs.
tongue.gif
Still have 52 left.
smile.png

I will not candle again at lock down. Hatching tray and baskets are cleaned and disinfected. We are ready to roll............
celebrate.gif

I will be locking down:
5 mixes from greyeyes
4 white Ameracaunas from noseychickens
8 mixes from karimw
6 blue NN from nava
4 BS Marans from crfarms
6 mixes from farmerchef
10 bantam Orps & mixes from HenTymes
9 B/W Ams. & OEs from me

Quote:
x2 - I don't even worry about humidity with it anymore. Every day I add about 40 ml of water, give or take and shut the lid. I haven't checked the temp in a few days, either.

(and yes, I just went to check it now, humming along nicely at 99.8)

hide.gif

I use mine non stop. Never had an issue.
hu.gif

Quote:
Naked Necks!!!
wee.gif

I have a beautiful NN "Peaches" that I hatched from my EE hen X NN rooster (Turken x EE). The EE hen lays cream eggs. Peaches laid her 1st egg today, it is as bright blue as my AMs. eggs.
love.gif

She is in with my Lav. Silkie roosters.....
barnie.gif
I want to hatch this egg soooooo bad. But sadly, I will be shutting down the incubator until March.
th.gif

Peaches:

72330_peaches.jpg

Last edited:
MAHONRI-

Shane dismantled my Brinsea board, and re-attached a disconnected wire.

BUT-- I candled a few of the eggs, and saw movement-- SO HAVE HOPE MY FRIEND!

Then, THEEEEEEEN, when I was putting an egg down, I heard chirping.

LONG LIVE THE EGGIES!!!

I have never had one problem with my Hova Bator in over 7 years of using the same one. I love it and I love its versatility and the inexpensive repairs, though I have never had to replace anything on it!

Hova Bator Bias over hear!
hide.gif

Beth,
You could send it to me to hatch. I'm about ready to claim my post poned swap from a while ago. I was going to try and get them for the Valentine's Day hatch but may need to claim them for Peaches egg. The only problem is, which eggs to take?
gig.gif

Quote:
Jim

She will stay with the Lav Silkies for now. So if you want the eggs for the V-day hatch that would work. When do you need to set? I have eggs from a few different breeds on the counter to check for the bulls eyes. I can just send an assort.
I will PM you with a list of whats laying.....

Quote:
You guys...isn't there someone up there with a bator running to put them in? I had the breaker go out a couple weeks ago in one of mine, temp down to 70 and still got 9 of 14....

Back
Top Bottom