3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

I just had an horrific "senior" moment when I THOUGHT I had set all 77 eggs in their incubators on the 15th UPSIDE DOWN.

I mean, really - could I have done that? Whew! I hadn't.

Where do these horrible worries come from??

Boy, I'm seeing bad luck I think. We set a day early, the 10th, around noon. No pips. We've seen some rocking today, and a little chirping, but by my calculations, they are already a day late. Something doesn't seem right...any opinions?

Quote:
hugs.gif
I'm so sorry!
hugs.gif

I thought the bad luck was finished for this hatch but clearly it's still around.
sad.png

Quote:
Cool video.
A friend of mine whose first job was working on an emu farm many moons ago said that the way they used to 'candle' their eggs was they took a pencil and lightly tapped the egg and the egg would move. He told me on what day they started the tapping, but I forgot.

NYD Hatch update: Five out and 7 more zipped and about to join their brothers & sisters.

Here's the first hatch today (with help as she pipped on the wrong end): She's a BCM x BO
43104_happy_new_year_2012.jpg

Here's #2 He's an OE. The remaining BCM egglet hasn't pipped yet but is rocking like a superstar! (my money's on him at midnight! lol)
43104_new_years_day_oe_2nd_to_hatch.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom