3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

And I gave up trying to separate, band and figure out who I hatched from who. Some, I know by color or breed. The rest, I will call EEs.
lol.png

I will count egg shells later and tally up.
tongue.png

Quote:
I've been setting eggs the past few days for a slightly staggered hatch (18 marans and a bunch of mutt eggs).
I have 2 bators going with the new eggs; and another going with my quail for this hatch.

my newest bator arrived pretty much DOA.. luckily they have shipped out a replacement already

And what kind of bator is that?

pop.gif

I got a Reptipro 5000 for christmas (ordered it a bit late so it got here last week).. it didn't want to heat; so apparently something happened to it in transit.
Anyway they shipped a replacement out as soon as they got my email.. so the eggs I had slated to go in it had to go in my 2 Brinseas were I had the quail eggs.. the quail eggs moved to a beat up LG that I had borrowed from a friend (hate that beast but it works ok here in the winter).
The reason I wanted the Reptipro is because it also cools.. and with the heat we get here in Texas in the summer I need an incubator that can keep eggs cool in summer. Last summer it was a challenge keeping the bators cool and we even had duck eggs incubating right out on the kitchen counter without ever seeing the inside of an incubator.

Last time I checked there were 12 quail out.. 66 more to go

Quote:
I haven't had any issues with my silkies. Well, except wry neck of course, but give them some vitamins and they are right-as-rain. I have a pair of black silkies I've had for 4 years now, and they are doing just great. I had a white one but I sold it and she's doing well at her new home. She's 4 as well. This year has been mild so far, -12*F has been our low to date, usually we've been -20 or so by now, but February is our coldest month so it could still happen.

Quote:
Thanks. It's maddening to see all the good hatches from people who set on time, and know that we're obviously having issues considering we set a day early. A single pip would jack our spirits a bit...

ok.. i think i'm a bit confused.. isn't this the new year's DAY hatch?...
my quail just started hatching this morning.. if I knew it was the new year's EVE hatch I would have set them a day earlier....

We set a day early in the hopes that my wife would be off work for the hatch.

Quote:
And what kind of bator is that?

pop.gif

I got a Reptipro 5000 for christmas (ordered it a bit late so it got here last week).. it didn't want to heat; so apparently something happened to it in transit.
Anyway they shipped a replacement out as soon as they got my email.. so the eggs I had slated to go in it had to go in my 2 Brinseas were I had the quail eggs.. the quail eggs moved to a beat up LG that I had borrowed from a friend (hate that beast but it works ok here in the winter).
The reason I wanted the Reptipro is because it also cools.. and with the heat we get here in Texas in the summer I need an incubator that can keep eggs cool in summer. Last summer it was a challenge keeping the bators cool and we even had duck eggs incubating right out on the kitchen counter without ever seeing the inside of an incubator.

Last time I checked there were 12 quail out.. 66 more to go

I have two of these and they are great. I was having to keep the incubators in my office with the air conditioning but know I can keep them in one of the back rooms. It was brutal here last summer
th.gif
Let's hope it's cooler this summer
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
For lock down I use the shelf liner and a strip of duck tape at the front of the shelf and you don't have to worry about the chicks falling down in front
love.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom