3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Looks like a silver Sussex. Did I send you an egg with SiS on it? Must have:-D

I probably confused SiS with SS, and just didn't notice.
smile.png

Thanks for the clarification... it didn't have poofy cheeks so I wasn't sure if one of my hens snuck out and visited the rooster down the road or what...

My hatch is done (whew!). 22 chicks out.. well, one is almost out, I have a special needs chick 'on the half shell'. That one and one other that was sticky and might need splinting are still in the bator as special needs, the rest are 'lights out' and sleeping.
smile.png
I eggtopsied the last three - I do it by putting the egg in a baggy and pipping the big end by rapping it with something like a screwdriver. That way hopefully any explosions are contained.
tongue.png
Two of the eggs had underdeveloped and sloshy chicks (I didn't take them out) and the one had a sack of brown goo that did NOT look like anything I wanted anything to do with.
tongue.png

I'll take a group shot tomorrow.. maybe you guys can guess what's what.
tongue.png

This hatch is cursed!!!!!!!!! Checked the incubator yesterday and it was unplugged!!!! I candler my duck egg yesterday and it was moving, but nothing is hatching at all!!!!!
barnie.gif

Quote:
And what kind of bator is that?

pop.gif

Michelle, Chookschicks has a Rcom and she loves it. I like my Sportsman, but I have trouble getting the humidity up in it. Katy has the Genesis and she loves them. A lot of times you can ask 15 people with the same bator and you will get 15 answers.
wink.png

I know
smile.png
That's why I asked who's had bator failures, might help to narrow the field
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom