3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Cielo, my first chick this time around hatched a full day before any of the others. It's hard to be patient with so many over achievers out there but just hang in there. I also didn't get my brooder set up and warmed until I had 4 chicks hatch. They are in a brand new over sized clear plastic tub.

Good luck on the rest of your hatch.

Thank you! I ended up losing the pipped chick. It was HUGE and I think it smoothered when the other chick bumped into it and rolled it over. It's too bad. I feel sad losing chicks. I looked at it and it seemed fine one minute, making progress and thenjust a couple hours later... rolled over and not moving or peeoping so I helped it out of the egg but it was too late.

This is my lowes hatch rate ever. 1 chick out of 12. I named her Lucky. We've been snuggling a lot.

I'm sorry your other pip didn't make it. I had the exact same thing happen last spring. Disheartening.

I woke up early to check on a pip I had last night, hoping I had 1 more chick. It was a blue silkie and by 4 am was ready to join everyone else in the brooder. I thought that was it for my hatch since I had tapped and listened to my other eggs last night (never having done that before). No response. I wasn't quite ready to unplug the bator yet but figured nothing else was going to happen. When I walked back into my office, I heard a faint "beeping". I can't figure out which egg it's coming from but I'm going to leave everything else as is. You just never know.

Post a pic of Lucky.

Quote:
woot.gif
Icelandic roosters in first and second for the most colorful!! Way to go Daron and Kathy!!!

So now I simply must have icelandic! How wonderful! Congratulations!!

Quote:
I've still got quite a few pages to catch up, so sorry if this has already been answered. The Black Copper Marans that I got from a BYC auction are feather legged - I believe that could make them French? Also som EE have feathered legs.

Kellyn: I hope you had success getting your photos to upload, i'm the last to give advice, still can't seem to get an Avatar.

Daddsdeercamp:
woot.gif

Quote:
I'm still waiting on Jim'sbeautiful Iowa blues
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
The eggs were rocking yesterday so hopefully today
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
I usually hatch a day late so today would be right on schedule
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
How's Kowalski
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif

Congratulations on everyone's hatches I have been following this just did not have time to enter, although I did have 19 of 21 hatch myself.
Big Congrats to Scott what a way to start 2012.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom