3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Linda, Good luck to you, I have some that will go to lockdown Thursday so I'll be right behind you. I have others that will are about 5 days behind that. My first staggered hatch. I've had to toss a ton from those 2 batches already
sad.png

I keep thinking "I'm done" with the NYD hatch but when I got home and moved the last Marans into the brooder, someone is still beeping! No pips so I don't know if it's a silkie or marans. My humidity has dropped so I added some real hot water to a sponge.

Peafowlmom, if you put your chick upright, are it's legs splayed out to the sides? If so, you can use a band aid to help right them for a few days until the chick is strong enough to support it's weight properly. There is a thread on splayed legs and I had to do that with one of my silkies this time around.

Okay, I'm calling my personal hatch over.

I set 14 eggs. Egg #7 was pulled at lockdown, since it never developed. Egg #14 appeared to have stopped developing quite late. It didn't smell or leak at lockdown, so I left it in. I was pretty happy that my end result matched what I saw with candling. And with this being my first hatch attempt
big_smile.png

Eggs at lockdown - 14
IMG_2097.jpg

Babies in the brooder - 12
ya.gif

IMG_2238.jpg

The campines look like a little gang hanging out together. How do they recognize each other??? They are the most inquisitive and bossy too!

Deb

Quote:
I was on vacation the beginning of Nov and did lots of research on incubators on my laptop. I ended up ordering a Hovabator Genesis 1588 with an automatic turner. I bought the extra thermometer/hygrometer that they offer with a remote proble. Everything arrived a couple of days after I got home from my trip. Just enough time to practice running it empty. I was all ready for the set date.

I was very happy with my results.

In fact, I already miss the anticipation of eggs in the incubator. I'm looking forward to having another go at it for the Valentine's hatch.

Deb

Yes, we had a bit of time to kill today as the kids had yet ANOTHER day off from school, also, wanted to keep my mind off my tooth. Here be our calendar attempts:

July:

109936_dsc_0109-1.jpg

November:

109936_dsc_0049-1.jpg

April:

109936_dsc_0091-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom