3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Alright, here's the update on the my hatching:

No chicks so far, but since they were unplugged I'm giving them a couple of days extra.

I have one for sure duck egg and one that I'm not certain. i candle the for sure egg Yesterday and it has begun to darken up as it should when preparing to hatch. I put it at about a day or two from hatching the way it looks compared with 2 days ago.

When I set the duck eggs I had no thermometer in the bator. I finally got one on day 5 and found that the temperature was at 80*F which means that for the first 5 days of incubation their was no development because the temperature was to low. This means that the duck eggs will hatch 5 days late.

I have not lost hope yet, but I may be in the running for worst hatchrate!

Quote:
fl.gif
fl.gif

Quote:
fl.gif
fl.gif

thanks for the crossed fingers. i actually think the duck is right on track for being set to hatch in 2 days time.
fl.gif

I lost a quail chick, not sure how it happened but it ended up bleeding out in the egg, by the time I found it it was gasping and it's tongue was white. The chick was a tibetan.
sad.png

Still have one pipped, I held it to my ear after the one died and I can hear it kicking around so.
fl.gif

The others haven't done anything, starting to think either my temp wasn't holding well, or my humidity had issues or both. All made it to lock down.
he.gif

On the bright side the chicken is doing well so far. Lets hope it continues to do so.

Back
Top Bottom