3rd Annual Northeastern "Sharkie" Chickenstock - NH - July 7, 2012!!! Come one...come all!!

Quote: Oh, please don't feel silly
hugs.gif
...just joking and asking others here at the same time. I have asked around elsewhere as well.

Is there a list of what people are bringing? I see a list of items wanted on page two.
I'd like to sell, trade or even gift some GFF Cream Legbar cockerels. I also have Mottled Houdans-a-plenty. ( I need to make room for some Brahmas!!)
I just updated a selling giving away list - with what you mentioned and with what i have that i know of right now....

Anyone else know what they are bringing yet?
hide.gif
frow.gif

ya.gif

Hey y'all! I'll be there to buy/eat/raffle and will be looking for pullets for my clients here in the city that are within a couple of months of point-of-lay (either younger or older) of any of the following breeds, in just about any colors:

LF:
Orpingtons
Wyandottes
Ameraucanas/Easter Eggers
Modern Games
Welsummers
Marans
Polish (frizzle or smooth)
Plymouth Rocks
Rhode Is Reds

Bantam:
Cochins (frizzle and smooth)
d'Uccles
Silkies

They MUST be pullets/hens (no roos allowed in most of the towns I cover), and while there's a small chance I'll be looking for chicks by then, at the moment I'll definitely be looking for birds old enough to go straight outside and start layin'!

Huge thanks to the organizers for putting together what promises to be a fantastic event! I can't wait! :D

~Khrysti~
The Chickeness of Somerville
theChickeness.blogspot.com

just found the thread because someone was kind enough to share it on the Maine thread
big_smile.png
. I am not sure I will make it, but will try. If I can't make it, I will try to get another Mainer to bring eggs for me.
I will donate a rare breed dozen- will include at least 3 eggs of whatever breed is laying which could include--cream legbars, blue isbar, jubilee orpington, breda fowl, or hedemora
big_smile.png

choc orps aren't laying yet so I can't include them, sorry
hmm.png

I may also be able to bring/send some chocolate runner eggs (ducks came from Metzer last year). stupid question, do ducks lay all year like chickens? I know
smack.gif
, but I just got them because I think they are cute, I never cared what they laid...

just found the thread because someone was kind enough to share it on the Maine thread
big_smile.png
. I am not sure I will make it, but will try. If I can't make it, I will try to get another Mainer to bring eggs for me.
I will donate a rare breed dozen- will include at least 3 eggs of whatever breed is laying which could include--cream legbars, blue isbar, jubilee orpington, breda fowl, or hedemora
big_smile.png

choc orps aren't laying yet so I can't include them, sorry
hmm.png

I may also be able to bring/send some chocolate runner eggs (ducks came from Metzer last year). stupid question, do ducks lay all year like chickens? I know
smack.gif
, but I just got them because I think they are cute, I never cared what they laid...

That would be me dear. I am trying very very hard to plan to go. I'm hoping at least a few of my Cream Legbars have homes waiting. Maybe it someone gets some of your eggs they could take a roo as part of the deal and start a flock! (hint hint everyone)
I might be getting FBCMs from RI!!! Very excited. My broody sucks and she isn't taking very good care of the Maran eggs I bought. If any hatch I will bring them though.

I have dh thinking about a road trip though....although nice weather is a must because he would rather ride Harley there....he said I don't need him though....he will keep little ones so I can enjoy myself (especially the ride). just gotta check with the rest of the family to make sure there are no other events that weekend.

Hi! New to the forum and have recently seen this post. I'm really wanting to go to this one, looks like so much fun! The state is finishing up the testing on my flock this Tuesday so I should be all set with this.

Gypsylion I typically have hatchery sexed pullets I sell at local swaps but the ages will range from 5 (most birds)-12 (least birds) weeks at that point, off heat but still a while away from laying.

In the bator and hatching in a week
fl.gif
are 20 silkie eggs (down from 24) from Catdance (byc NPIP member) and some FBCM eggs. I'm hoping the hatch goes well and I'll have some these birds to sell as they will be exactly 4 weeks old. I would also like some advise on which of these birds might be sq.

I STINK at cooking (ask my kids I burn everything!) but do make mean brownies so put me down for those.

Back
Top Bottom