3rd Annual Northeastern "Sharkie" Chickenstock - NH - July 7, 2012!!! Come one...come all!!

So much for the "officials" that say they don't exist here!
There have been 2 "confirmed" sightings in NH within the past year (how is a sighting "confirmed"? Mulitple people? Photo? Anyhow...) One in Manchester (of all places) and the other I believe in the Alton/Gilmington area. I had read that before this year, there hasn't been any sightings in about 100 years! Not sure how/why they could make a comeback?

Hubby says he isn't 100% positive it was a mountain lion, but he is pretty certain. He said it had the right color and body shape, and if it wasn't one that it was the largest cat he has EVER seen. But it is possible it wasn't one.
idunno.gif

nhnanna,  you said they are straight run?  Did you mean the SL or the splash are straight run?  I'm not going to keep trying to talk her into the cochin if it is straight run! I seriously have the worst luck when it comes to roos!  Although, I am *thinking* that the GL/tolbunt polish I got from sonew are going to both be girls....I still see no sign of pink or red in the combs, no wattles, it doesn't look like any points on the saddle or hackle feathers yet either.  :fl   Ok, with one boy out of the two, but will be sad if both are boys!  Time will tell.  Hey Nat, do you know what their hatch date is so I can keep track of how old they are?

Ok dont make me think this early...I quit smoking AND I havent had my coffee yet...I do know they hatched the first week of June...the exact date is unknown because I had staggered hatches all season;)

Ok dont make me think this early...I quit smoking AND I havent had my coffee yet...I do know they hatched the first week of June...the exact date is unknown because I had staggered hatches all season;)
You answer posts before you drink any coffee??? I am impressed! Good for you for quitting smoking! Wish my hubby would!

First week of June is good 'nough. I can still keep track of age with that. :)

Yah...I always check messages and stuff before the coffee is done! Lol We quit but had a time frame...AFTER both my girls were back from their trips and after Aprils...we feel it now...were too young to feel this crappy..short of breath..coughing, hacking, low immune systems...etc...that and at 10$ a pack x2 a day for us...1 each a day...that groceries for a month that we were selfishly wasting...DD going to a private college next year....we need every penny we can;) weve tried to quit and have before...but this is different...we truly mean it this time;)

Yah...I always check messages and stuff before the coffee is done! Lol We quit but had a time frame...AFTER both my girls were back from their trips and after Aprils...we feel it now...were too young to feel this crappy..short of breath..coughing, hacking, low immune systems...etc...that and at 10$ a pack x2 a day for us...1 each a day...that groceries for a month that we were selfishly wasting...DD going to a private college next year....we need every penny we can;) weve tried to quit and have before...but this is different...we truly mean it this time;)

I check posts and messages during coffee, so I start out with foggy answers and slowly develop some clarity. :p

Big congratulations on the quitting smoking! DH used to smoke all the time, even in the middle of the night in bed. I used to throw the covers over my head, trying to breathe.

In his final (and successful) attempt to quit, which was about 25 years ago(!), he used the nicotine gum. He had to keep a wad on the bedpost, and I would hear him chomping away at night. It is expensive, but it worked!

ep.gif
barnie.gif
th.gif
OH. MY. WORD! $10 a pack!?!?!?!?! Yikes! I can hardly handle what my hubby spends on them and they are half the cost! And Buckabucka....smoking in bed??? Ack! Thankfully hubby only smokes outside...and that's bad enough!

I check emails and on here while coffee is brewing too...I just don't put too many coherent thoughts together until at least half a cup. I don't even let my kids come downstairs until after my first cup!

Thank you to nhnanna and puglady for the new babies I came home with today.
big_smile.png
I was able to talk my daughter into the SL cochin instead of a wyandotte (although, she is very adamant that she made the decision all by herself and that I didn't talk her "into it"
wink.png
) and we also got a cute little easter egger from puglady.

I don't have Silver laced Wyandottes but we do have Silver laced Cochins. Standard size.

We will have some at the Chichester swap tomorrow.

Get out! Sl cochins? Photos photos!!!

And for the love of Pete people does anyone maybe have splash cochins? Lol

It's for my 9 year old and she just has her heart set on wyandotte and since she is paying for it, I guess she gets to pick it.  :idunno I tried all afternoon in talking her into the cochin instead.  She just really wants the wyandotte.  And we can't make it to Chichester tomorrow anyhow, but man that would be easy...15-20 minutes from my house!!!

Splash is so pretty!

How old are they? Are the sexed or straight run? I will be checking out the swap tomorrow. Excited to see your Cochins. I think they are my favorite breed so far! :)

I love love love my cochins! Favorite breed! I am beeding blue black and splash. In the spring/winter my mottled cochins will be breeding. Can not wait!

So so proud of you both!

More $ for college and vacation this way!

does anyone have any barred rock pullets 10wks to under a year? i LOVE my roo to death and would really love to breed and hatch out chicks for the swaps next year (i think it could be a blast) instead of paying for hatchery chicks then having to wait to sell them all. if anyone does i will have 6 hens and 6 chicks available for sale =) NPIP tested neg.

Back
Top Bottom