3wk old gosling is acting sick

I just started the grit today and that makes sense about the leg’s. Should I change his food or just add niacin?
How many other goslings do you have?

If you only have goslings and no chicks, I'd see if your feed store has duckling/gosling food. If not, you can buy nutritional or brewers yeast and sprinkle it on top of the chick food.

Does he have a good source of Niacin? Our African was a bit wobbly and lethargic until we started giving him some Brewers/Nutritional Yeast. Geese need high levels of Niacin to survive.
I have not given him any but I will, should I just mix in his food or give separately

I add 1 TBS of nutritional yeast to 1 cup feed For ducks I imagine geese are the same I do this till 10-12 weeks then lightly sprinkle on feed after that
I also switch my ducks off starter at 3 weeks
Doing 3 day switches of 3/4-1/4 then 1/2-1/2 then 1/4 -3/4 then just straight grower
But if you can give baby vitamin B complex 1ml either on treats or directly
The fact baby is still eating us great
Are you still using a heat source ?

I haven’t for about a week but the room he’s in is very very warm and it’s been in the 70’s at night and he seems to be content I do still have the heat lamp on at night and it’s far enough away to keep him from getting to hot

How many other goslings do you have?

If you only have goslings and no chicks, I'd see if your feed store has duckling/gosling food. If not, you can buy nutritional or brewers yeast and sprinkle it on top of the chick food.
I just have the one gosling, the rest are chicks. I just mixed the brewers yeast in his food, he loves it! With that and the grit I think he’s gonna feel brand new very soon😊he has such a great personality, I’ll be happy when he’s all better, thank you!!

I haven’t for about a week but the room he’s in is very very warm and it’s been in the 70’s at night and he seems to be content I do still have the heat lamp on at night and it’s far enough away to keep him from getting to hot
I know even my week old ducklings are laying away from m heat plate in the day when the house is warmer
As long as he can get away to cool it should be good

Back
Top Bottom