3x3 coop alcove suggestions

Lol! I must have misread your posts!
:gig

The feeders would work there, or the stacked nesting boxes. I have a similar space on either side of my door in the coveted run. I put an elevated mini coop on one side and the trunk of an old peach tree on the other. They climb all over that tree. Maybe something like that? Aart is the best at this stuff, though.

both interior and exterior doors swing out and hinges are on left side. Is there a reason you chose north wall and not south for poop board (besides awkward alcove on south side)?
Nope, just that.

I think the alcove was deemed to not be a great feeding area because it's kind of a tight space and birds could get trapped in corner.

Gorgeous coop!!! I was thinking broody/isolation pen, too. I have one, and it has been fantastic. I put a board above it, and the girls like to hang out up there. Maintains usable "floor space" even though it's not on the floor.

Thank you! Great idea. I could frame a board above whether I used crate inside coop or inside walk in area. I feel like there’s so much space to utilize waist up yet don’t want to get too high and cause injury to large breeds

Lol! I must have misread your posts!
:gig

The feeders would work there, or the stacked nesting boxes. I have a similar space on either side of my door in the coveted run. I put an elevated mini coop on one side and the trunk of an old peach tree on the other. They climb all over that tree. Maybe something like that? Aart is the best at this stuff, though.

No! I’m sure I wasn’t clear lol I’m all over the place with ideas. I love the mini coop idea too. I have a few trunks to use, so that’s an option as well

Do you have a storage area for feed/bedding/etc? If not, I'd use that space for storing items.
In first post...but yeah.
upload_2019-11-18_15-38-13.png

Do you have a storage area for feed/bedding/etc? If not, I'd use that space for storing items.
The coop is preexisting. I have a total of 6’ floor space of storage (9’6” total including door). I’ve run into chicken math and that’s why I was considering including the left section next to door as coop space instead of storage space on both sides. I’ve definitely enjoyed having walk in and storage space in this coop! My other coop is smaller but lacking both.

My bad, apparently I can't read comprehensively ;)

Looking back at the pic, if it were mine I would probably reconfigure storage so there are two vertical storage racks that flank a thoroughfare through the center where your doors are located currently.

You have A LOT of headspace in that shed/coop, so for me chicken math would mean adding roosts higher up in there and going vertical, not expanding the "footprint" of their roosting space. I know my chickens all tend to favor the highest perches.

Back
Top Bottom