3yr old bday dilemma Opinions wanted plz

well we decided to forgo the joined bday party after all. I guess Dh was right in another account the fact that the guests would have to buy double gifts would become an inconvenience. See my neighbour already sent out a FB invite to everyone and the first thing one of our others neighbours said was now they would have to buy a double gift. So we decided that we won't be doing the joined party and we haven't fully decided but we either will have the party a week later or maybe just taking him to do something special with just us. Sucks but such is reality, If the one neighbour brought the gift fact up other people are bound to think the same too. No need to ruin 2 kids parties. Will likely do his party at the bowling alley and invite 2 or 3 little friends, then I will bring some balloons, some cupcakes and the gifts. by the way the bowlign alley is just 5 pin, with the small balls, perfect for them once the rails are up :)

i really doubt a 3 year old is going to grasp the concept. at 3 they are not going to be thinking "hey! im being jipped!this day is supposed to be all about me!" perhapes if they were say 10 years old all a 3 years knows is "yey fun day!" just so long as the other child isnt getting"more" (as in more cake,more presents to open ect,) the presnets will be a big one imo i would hold out on opening gifts seperatly since one child may get a few extra gifts from an uncle or aunt that the other may not get orp erhapes one child gets a "cooler" gift that the other child wants but didnt get. although a 3 year old wont understand the whole concept they can get jelous of eachother.

Half the time and money means more time for the ones you love. Chances are your child will not remember this party anyway. Even as I got older, I loved sharing my birthday parties with my best friend whose birthday is only a day after mine. When your child gets older, then you can see what he wants, until then, take all the help with bday parties you can get.

The "friend" who mentioned the expense of purchasing two presents for two children obviously does not expect a present from each of thes children when HER kid has his/her party!

Kids are born when they are, and parties are/should be arranged for when it is convenient for the family. So sometimes kids have close together birthdays. So what. That is life. Ask the kids that your son plays with, and plan a fun time. If you want to have the party a week later or a day later, do it on your schedule. Any parent who thinks they are being gypped by having to buy separate gifts for kids from separate families is not worth much. And for the record, a gift that will make a 3-year old swoon with joy is not necessarily expensive.

Back
Top Bottom