4/17/12 Hatch buddy anyone?

I must admit to being both excited and a little worried. I am down to 5 out of 7 eggs in my little Brinsea. I just hope I get something out of my first hatch attempt.
fl.gif

I might be going slightly insane (I have been working A LOT this week) but I just checked the incubator and I could have sworn at least 3 of the 5 eggs moved. Not much, they just each gave a little twitch. As I say, its probably my old eyes. Is it not a little early for this sort of rowdy behaviour from the eggs?

Probably just a symptom of over-tired expectant father syndrome.

Well that depends on what day you set them. Did you set them on 4/17? If so then I would not doubt that there is a bit of movement in there as tomarrow is lock down!!!!!! On my last batch that did not hatch out any, the babies had all died but I thought still saw movement and thought they were alive. Then I realized that when ever my dogs walked around behind me the incubator table moved a bit and giggled the eggs
he.gif
. It was odd because we have concreat floors under our carpet, yet the t.v moves when we jump around or the dogs walk by it.

I am so very excited for tomarrow.......
celebrate.gif

celebrate.gif
Not only am I excited for tomarrow, but I finaly got another broody hen!!!!!! Came home from dinner and my lil Black Australorp (sp?) Ebony was laying in a nest box on three eggs, one real and two fake. Took the real one, thinking about giving her some turkey eggs. Or going to pick up some Black Copper Maran eggs, I really want some of those I love the dark color of their eggs.
Well I will not be sleepng for the nest few nights. Good luck to everyone on their hatches these next few days.
fl.gif

Yes Farmin Momma, I set them on the 17th. I have no dog so I hope it means everything's ok in there. Otherwise, I'm just losing my marbles!!

OK, so either the psychosis is deepening or I have a chick doing a rumba in one of the eggs. I realise that this is probably quite normal and uninteresting but, as a first-timer, I'm just like 'whoa, look at THAT!!'.

I so hope I get some little cream legbar chicks.
fl.gif

Oh man that IS cool...I just went to check em and candle them before tomorrow and they DO move haha..How cool...Im right there with ya GV, this is my first time and this is really cool! Of my original 11, im at 9 now that are looking good...
OK, so either the psychosis is deepening or I have a chick doing a rumba in one of the eggs. I realise that this is probably quite normal and uninteresting but, as a first-timer, I'm just like 'whoa, look at THAT!!'.

I so hope I get some little cream legbar chicks.
fl.gif

And congrats to you with the new broody Farmin momma... I cant wait to see everyones babys! The wait is killing me... Gonna try and keep my mind off of them tomorrow at a poultry expo and vendor exibit lol...

Well I just went into lockdown! I had 7 eggs but after candling last night, I had to throw out 3 so I am down to 4 lavender Orpington eggs. Crossing my fingers!

Meanwhile, I have no choice but to leave my eggs till Tuesday. I am driving two states away to pick up some rare chickens! So... Chicken excitement is at an all time high!

OK, so either the psychosis is deepening or I have a chick doing a rumba in one of the eggs.  I realise that this is probably quite normal and uninteresting but, as a first-timer, I'm just like 'whoa, look at THAT!!'.

I so hope I get some little cream legbar chicks. :fl

Cream legbar!!!!!! Awesome! I would LOVE some cream legbar chicks! Here in the states they are very hard to find. I was looking them up the other day and gave up when I saw that they were 60 dollars a day old chick!

http://greenfirefarms.com/store/category/chickens/cream-legbar/

Back
Top Bottom