4/17/12 Hatch buddy anyone?

my4ladies

Songster
9 Years
Jul 4, 2010
This morning I will be putting in Speckled Sussex, Salmon Faverolle, Lav Ameraucana, Black Copper Maran & Cochin. I'll get a head count of eggs actually going in after I candle them. Anyone planning on starting a hatch on this day too?

I'll hatch along with y'all. I'm putting eggs in today. Just 7 of them, and no idea what kind. Got them from a friend. :)

I'll hatch along with y'all. I'm putting eggs in today. Just 7 of them, and no idea what kind. Got them from a friend. :)

Ooh, so do we get to guess? Are they all the same or different?

We are setting our eggs in the hatcher this morning also. We are hatching Bearded Silkies and White Leghorns. Happy Hatching!!!!

Oh, yay. I hope you post pics of those silkie babies when they hatch! What colors might you end up getting? And how many eggs are you putting in?

Happy Hatching to both of you!

I put 35 eggs in the bator this morning. My eggs were shipped, so I candled them first b/c I read a lot about the aircells sometimes being ruptured and/or displaced during the shipping process. Sure enough, many aircells were displaced & 4 ruptured... the aircell was seen in the egg as a floating bubble. I added the ruptured ones to the bator anyway, but I dont have high hopes for them. I'll candle in a few days and see what's going on with them.

So, of my 35, only 11 have normal looking aircells (normal shaped & size and in the correct location). I'm really hoping the air cell displacement doesn't have much effect on the hatchability of the egg.

Starting to get the candle itch...BUT, with some serious self discipline, I'm gonna wait til Tuesday. Really.

Hi everyone, mind if I join ya all? I set 11 EE on the 17th too..Cant wait to see everyones chicks! YAY!

wee.gif
Ooooo Ooooo Ooooo, Me too, me too! I set 30 eggs in my incubator on 4/17. They are all mixed breed lil mutts, I can't wait to see what they will look like. I have a Black Cochin mix of some sort ( I assume cause he has a beard and muffs) as my rooster, named Jax. He really seems to get the "JOB" done with his girls. I have about 30 hens with this one roo and well he gets around well!
I did candle already today
hide.gif
but only the 5 white eggs that I could reach without opening the incubator to far. So far out of those 5 only one did not have little veins yet.

Hey quick question though..... I set my eggs at 10:30 am, so was that the start of my first day? Or is the next day our first day? I just wanna make sure so I lock down on the right day.
Any one elts already impatient?

Oooh, ooh, I'm 2 days late, but can I join y'all? Hubby just finished building me an incubator, and I want to do a trial run. I stuck 3 little eggs in there on the 19th. 2 Silkies and an egg from my Bearded Belgian d'Uccle, The dad may be a d'Uccle or a Silkie, I have a couple dozen Guinea eggs coming, and wanted to make sure the new incubator is gonna work!

Meanwhile, I have a broody Silkie sitting on eggs due tomorrow, and another with eggs due Wednesday. I have chick fever! :)

and yes, Farmin Momma, I'm impatient too! You think 3 days is too early to candle?? lol

Well it may be to early to see anything, because I candled on day four and hardly saw very light veining, I also only candled my white eggs. But it is still fun to check
ya.gif

I set about 36 eggs on the 17th, I candled them on day 3 and saw hearts beating! They had been sitting in cartons for a few days because I needed to get another incubator (first one set on 4/12) and I think that helped them. The ones I put in on 4/12 I kind of jumped the gun because I didn't let the incubator come up to temp before I put them in
hmm.png
- My dad brought a goose egg home today and I will be setting it in a couple days
big_smile.png
We are incubating for my grandpa because raccoons keep stealing them from the farm.

Back
Top Bottom