4-5 month peacock sneezing

Sjack1russ

Chirping
Aug 13, 2018
6995FCED-4543-4230-877D-CA05E64555D8.jpeg
I only have one peacock that is living with the same age chicken. I recently moved him during the day to the green house, but at night I bring him inside. He has started sneezing. We do have rats in the greenhouse. What should I do? Nothing coming out of his eyes and he is still eating. Worried. Any advice?

Nice Peacock. Also, is that a silkie? The peacock could be sneezing due to being sick or it’s just sneezing. I have no experience with peacocks. Ask the people here that know about peacocks.

Mycoplasma (MG) might be a possibility, or he could be having sneezing do to environmental causes, such as dust, mold, or bedding. @casportpony is very familiar with peas, so she might check in. Look for any bubbles or foam in the eye, or selling around the face. I would try to get rid of the rats with a locking bait box outside of the reach of the chickens, since rats can bite and injure, as well as spread diseases.

Nice Peacock. Also, is that a silkie? The peacock could be sneezing due to being sick or it’s just sneezing. I have no experience with peacocks. Ask the people here that know about peacocks.
Yes it’s a frizzle rooster

This is a silkie frizzle. All silkie but the feathers on his wings are frizzle. Sometimes I have a hard time between the frizzle and sizzles. But he is a small bantam

I got some young silkie chicks about like maybe a week or so old.
they don’t like me :>

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 2
Pick each one up everyday while you are watching a movie or the news and pet them. Sometime mine sit on my lap for hours. They don’t poop on you until they get up. If they don’t settle then they have to poop. But they will turn into the sweetest birds ever. Mine come when I call and I would never have any other chicken but a Cochin or silkie

Back
Top Bottom