4.5 week coturnix not eating/drinking. Won't open beak. 😕

How is he now?
He seems to be better. I fed him some nutri drench and some water with a syringe a couple times and he started to bounce back. Then I added a chick feeder with his regular food to the cage and he slowly started to eat on his own.
We'd just moved them out to their permanent cage (it's in my garage for now but will move outside). I wonder if that just stressed him out and he stopped eating/drinking.
I left the chick feeder in but was planning on taking it back out today to see if he's OK going back to the no waste feeder.

He seems to be better. I fed him some nutri drench and some water with a syringe a couple times and he started to bounce back. Then I added a chick feeder with his regular food to the cage and he slowly started to eat on his own.
We'd just moved them out to their permanent cage (it's in my garage for now but will move outside). I wonder if that just stressed him out and he stopped eating/drinking.
I left the chick feeder in but was planning on taking it back out today to see if he's OK going back to the no waste feeder.
yeah, stress may have been it! or confusion, ect. ect.

That's good to hear. Hopefully he's on the mend :)

Back
Top Bottom