4.5 week old barnyard mutts - place a bet!

Kyzuzu

Hatching
Apr 7, 2023
Well, two barnyard mutts and a light brahma. Nearly feathered up, will follow up in 2 weeks! I think I've got one hen and two roos, as is my luck. Holding them like overstuffed chipotle burritos was the only why I could get clear pics.

First is Chernoble Elephant Foot (Cheryl) - I think hen! She's got the daintiest feets. Very polite. Does not knock over the water. Believes in aliens. Is the first to say good morning.
20230627_201742.jpg
20230627_201750.jpg

Next is Cucumber - Roo? Drama queen. Him and Cheryl looked exactly the same for their first week. The chattiest. Already iridescent and has the longest tail. Seems like he'd grow up to be a cop.
20230627_201841.jpg 20230627_201849.jpg 20230627_201902.jpg

Last is the light brahma, Serafina. I'm really hoping hen but I'm thinking roo; I can't have roosters so I was hoping chickenzilla would intimidate the local cats and raccoons. The bossiest, stomps his mop feet in the water 9 times a day. Jumps on the other two. Does not like being held like hamburger.
20230627_201930.jpg 20230627_202001.jpg 20230627_201926.jpg 20230627_201953.jpg

Everyone who ends up guessing right gets a crisp high five and a plaque that will inevitably get lost in the mail.

Your light brahma mix looks a lot like mine but mine has a modified pea comb that isn't attractive or uniform at all lol they are pretty birds tho. I hope someone else can help you..
Just my guess but the light brahma might be a boy.. the black one a Maran? If so I can't be sure. I have 3 mystic marans from a pullet bin and they all have big combs at 6 weeks

Your light brahma mix looks a lot like mine but mine has a modified pea comb that isn't attractive or uniform at all lol they are pretty birds tho. I hope someone else can help you..
Just my guess but the light brahma might be a boy.. the black one a Maran? If so I can't be sure. I have 3 mystic marans from a pullet bin and they all have big combs at 6 weeks
I would love it if the black one was a pullet, thank you for giving me hope 🥲 I love black birds but have had 0 luck with them so far! No idea what the breed is but after some googling it's very possible Cucumber is some kind of maran mix, the whole clutch looked like marans

I would love it if the black one was a pullet, thank you for giving me hope 🥲 I love black birds but have had 0 luck with them so far! No idea what the breed is but after some googling it's very possible Cucumber is some kind of maran mix, the whole clutch looked like marans
It looks a lot like my black australorp, what color is the bottom of its feet?

Back
Top Bottom