4-6 week old chicks- what are they?

Sae70

Chirping
Aug 3, 2017
Northeast corner of Indiana
I thought I had Olive Eggers, Sapphire Gem, Lavender Orpington but don’t know for sure. Does anyone else tecognize what breed these chicks are?

52F78480-F3A6-4528-8277-447761BB0ED0.jpeg

70976173-24BB-419D-A8C5-7760FC881ACC.jpeg

485A6726-4FA9-44E5-AEDE-9B7AED0C369C.jpeg

F5D0E0BF-376A-43D4-BDA4-8224C96BC9FC.jpeg

DDC64F58-4C70-4D60-BDFF-C500BF9FB71E.jpeg

All appear to be pullets, it is really early but no early signs, except for the two youngest lavender/blue ones where it is really just too early. I don't see any beards like would be on a regular EE/OE although things can happen, unless the last chick has a beard? The second could be a black orpington which can pop up in the lavender pools, when they're full grown and finished growing we should be able to tell you with more certainty on what exactly is what :D

Thank you so much for your response! I was thinking the black one might be a roo because of the long tail feathers. I will continue to watch them grow and post pics when they are bigger.

1-Rhode Island Red
2-Likely Jersey Giant due to yellow skin (from what I can see)
3-Sapphire Gem or Blue Andalusian/Orpington most likely (check bottoms of feet for skin color) The latter two can be differentiated later on by earlobe color, body type, and egg color
4-Possibly Australorp or Black Orpington (think I'm seeing pink skin)
5-I believe I'm seeing a beard, so potentially Blue Easter Egger-need comb pic
Where are they from? None appear to be lavender, instead blue

They are from Rural King and when I got them the young worker professed he knew nothing about chickens. They had several breeds in each container and there were some photos. But what I thought I was getting isn't what the pictures looked like thus the uncertainty of breed.

I agree with Northwest Wannabe that your birds are gorgeous and that we need more photos of each bird especially a good profile shot of the comb and side view of the body. The only roster I can definitively tell you that you have is the one Rhode Island Red😊

Back
Top Bottom