4 A.M Rooster crowing, REALLY???

I have noticed that the young cockerels seem to do more crowing than the older roos. I don't know if this is true for all breeds, but my marans roo started crowing early and frequently. NOW, he crows between 5 - 7 and very rarely any other time of the day.

The neighbors dog use to bark at night when we were trying to go to bed and during the afternoon (if we were lucky enough to squeeze in a nap). I use to complain that I moved from the city to the country and couldn't get rid of neighbors with barking dogs
sad.png

I am ok with the roo crowing, but I am GLAD he doesn't do it ALL the time .. . . ..

Roosters will crow at any time of the day-----especially if you have more than one. It is their way of competing for the hens----I had 5 or 6 roosters at one time, and when they would start up, the crowing could go on for quite awhile!

One of mine crows randomly throughout the day and he doesn't usually start until we let them out in the morning. The other one, though, unfortunately starts at 4:45 and usually carries on for about an hour
he.gif
. When the weather was warm and we slept w/the windows open, it was annoying, but now with the windows shut we don't hear him. My husband says at least the time change is coming and then it will be 5:45, which is more reasonable.

I like the idea of the illuminated clock so they can see what time it is, though! May have to give that a try!!!
lau.gif

Meyer hatcherey sells things that silences the roosters. I guess you put it around thwir kneck or something I'm not entirely sure I live in the country surrounded by family so I dont haveto worry about it lol.
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom