4 br house/4 wooded acres/TN

Carolyn

Songster
11 Years
Apr 6, 2008
IT HAS THE MOST WONDERFUL CHICKEN HOUSE.

The house is new, very simple built: basement with wood furnace that heats the house in winter and basement cools it in summer. It has other features to keep utilities low.
It is on 4 wooded acres which lacks very little being completely fenced. That and some out buildings make it suitable for goats. Other area can be cleared for pasture land.
It is very secluded and there is the possibility of buying some additional adjoining land.
This area has abundant small game, deer and wild turkey.

It is listed by Ridgely Real Estate and Auction which has a web site. It is in the under $100,000 price range with a picture of the house. It is #568. Our you can call 731 987 2837 and ask for Darrell. Leave a message and he will call you back if he is not in when you call.

DID I MENTION IT HAS A WONDERFUL CHICKEN HOUSE!!!

The whole place just has homesteading written all over it.

Last edited:
Well I have to confess I look it up and it definitely looks like it has potential to be a homestead. If I lived in TN and looking for a house I would be interested.

I'm glad to see someone else thought it looked nice. I looked at it on a hot summer day and even though the windows were down the lower 2 stories were very pleasant. The upstairs had some room air conditioners but I think if you were home with windows open you might not need them. The kitchen had the most efficient cabinets I''ve ever seen.

( I am 60+ and DH is 70 so I had to be realistic).

It is not but a few miles from I 40 at Parker's Cross Roads exit (108 I think). That is about 1/2 way between Nashville and Memphis. That is a straight shot to Jackson which has more jobs. Lexington on Hwy 22 south also has some jobs. In reality jobs are scarce in this region in general but this location has more prospects than most. There are also several small scale businesses in the mennonite community not too far from there (dairy, green house, wood work, small engine... a bakery closed recently. A good homesteader might come up with some ideas to compliment what is already there.

There is a lot of nice places to homestead there for the taking in this and other rural areas around here.

he.gif
ARGH!!
barnie.gif
I so badly want to move BACK to TN and this place is perfect!!
barnie.gif
he.gif

Quail, I know how you feel. It took me several years to get back to TN and even more to own land here. It isn't perfect but I still think it is a beautiful state; especially this time of year. We'll welcome you whenever you can get here!

Back
Top Bottom