4 day old chick dislocated/broken wing, Please help.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by catie22, Feb 3, 2015.

1. catie22

catie22 New Egg

Sep 11, 2014
    Hi there,

I have a chick who is about 4 days old. Last night i noticed her wings were hanging quite low and she seemed very tired and sad. I separated her at night but no difference has been made. Her wings still are hanging low and she doesn't move, eat or drink. Her poo seems to be a bright yellow color. I'm very worried but I do understand that right now things are not looking good. I'm guessing she'll have to leave this world. But just wanted opinions just in case. Can try and upload a picture later if needed.

Thanks in Advance
    Caity

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Have you tried to dip her beak in electrolyte water? You can add a teaspoonful of sugar and a pinch of salt to tap water, and get her to drink that as often as she will drink. Sprinkle some chick crumbleson some paper towel aroujnd her feet to get her interested in food. Do you have a heat lamp at 90 degreesF over he chicks? Drooped wings can be a sign of severe dehydration or neurological problems. You need to act quickly to get fluids into the chick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by