4 dead babies what killed them??UPDATE More babies gone!! HELP

I wish I was wiser & closer! I would be there to help you! IF this is how she has raised all the chicks she has had in the past, she may not be at all surprised when she gets home & there are only a few left...she may have that many in hopes of a few actually making it. I am sorry for your heartbreak!!

Quote:
Gosh, I feel just awful for you. You need a sulfer based drug like Corrid or Sulmet for cocci. Antibiotics will not help if that's the cause. I changed the water daily. I use 1ml of polyvisol vitamins without iron in the water as well. If they are given antibiotics, it is best they have a probiotics or plain yogurt. The yogurt helps with the digestion if you have some. I hope her husband does not blame you. It's completely not your fault whatsoever. The cocci would be my guess of the cause due to the conditions. If they left a number, I'd call them to let them know. Geeze, I'm so sorry.
sad.png

I don't know what to say. I personally think they should NOT be allowed to keep animals of any kind. I'm definately too far away to help as we currently live in the UK. Is there a Wisconsin post/thread on here somewhere?

Quote:
What wrong bedding the shavongs I put in there or the crappy hay moldy grass that was in there??

I think he meant the other stuff not the shavings.

I am sorry you are dealing with this... it sounds really stressful.

The jerk husband deserves to sleep on moldy hay.
he.gif

I am in California or I would tell him off for you.
smack.gif

neglected animals suffering.....terribly sad. Ummmmm....tough love here but.......I know I am not in your shoes but it's a no brainer for me. Turn them in to whoever it is that has animal control to come TAKE them away. Suffering can't and shouldn't be looked over, ignored etc. because of fear of hurting someone's feeling.
Your not sleeping well but she's off on a Safari????????? Good grief............

I think I may have to go out right now & hug my girls. I love 'em so. I'm so, so sorry.

Quote:
I agree. I would call it in. That is neglect, no matter how long someone has been doing something. You can be doing something wrong for years and years and it still doesn't make it right.

I also wouldn't take care of them again. No way would I want something like that hanging over my head. That is a total no-win situation, and I personally wouldn't have the stomach to get involved again. I would take them, though, if she let me.....

Back
Top Bottom