4 duck eggs on lockdown

Sue S

Songster
Mar 7, 2018
Pa
I have 4 mallard eggs in lockdown today is day 27, I candled 2 this morning ( did I very quickly) I saw movement & I think they are starting to internally pip. When should they be external piping????
I thought they should be hatching by now. Temp is 100 F & humidity is jumping between 62% - 65%.
Is this okay???? Any advice would be greatly appericated

I am hatching chickchicks right now and everything I read said just leave them alone every thing sounds good just give them time to do there thing! (I am no expert):) good luck

Conditions sound fine. Ducks are lazy hatchers.
Are you positive of the day count? You didn't count the set day as day 1, right? I only ask because its a simple mistake that many people make.
If it is definitely day 27 it's highly likely you might see some pips today. Shine your light at every angle you can, across the tops of the eggs. Sometimes pips can be seen from one angle, and invisible from another angle..

Otherwise, hang in there! I know it's frustrating being anxious for something to happen!

:fl :hugs

Yes, i'm correct with the day, I double checked!!! Lastnite around 7 I could hear 1 tapping on the shell, so I got up @ midnight & again @ 5am & still nothing it's not even moving

Back
Top Bottom