4 Ducks 1 Nest

Jrbd82

Songster
Feb 4, 2021
Central Texas
I have four ducks sitting on one nest. I had one duck go broody steal everybody’s eggs -sit on way too many eggs where I had to take bunch out and shut her away and she hatched seven ducklings ….killed one and I rescued two others. The other four she’s fine with. Since then the other four have decided to go broody and they’re all sitting on the same nest. Will they fight over and kill the ducklings?

I have four ducks sitting on one nest. I had one duck go broody steal everybody’s eggs -sit on way too many eggs where I had to take bunch out and shut her away and she hatched seven ducklings ….killed one and I rescued two others. The other four she’s fine with. Since then the other four have decided to go broody and they’re all sitting on the same nest. Will they fight over and kill the ducklings?
They certainly can. Doesn't mean they absolutely will...but I have had trouble with just two sitting on the same nest. 4 sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
I would try to determine which one is the most committed and fence her off with her nest and kick the others out.

Back
Top Bottom